16 Intense Historical Photos That Made the Whole World Hold Its Breath
Our parents and grandparents had lots of unforgettable moments in the past. Fame, victory, hard work, and fighting for their rights were intense but worthy. In this article, you can see some of these episodes of their lives that became not just memories, but history.
We at iBuzz respect our past and share with you 16 historical photos that can help you to dive into the world of “yesterday.”
1. “Wait for me daddy,” October 1, 1940. This little boy runs away from his mother to be with his father.
2. The desire for victory during the Olympic games in 1960
3. German women washing their clothes with cold water on a Berlin street, 1945
4. Crew members enjoy a film on the stern of one of the battleships, 1918
5. Patriotic grief of a Frenchman in March 1941
6. Astronauts Young and Grissom walk to the elevator for the first manned Gemini mission,1965
7. Flower power! Anti-Vietnam War protest at The Pentagon, 1967
8. A new sport called ski-sailing invented in Austria, 1938
9. Finally victory! People gathered in Whitehall to hear Winston Churchill’s speech, May 8, 1945
10. Kindness is always near. 2 children sharing a soft drink at the White House, 1922
11. Garry Kasparov vs Anatoly Karpov, legendary chess players in 1985, before the game
12. Seaside life in the Netherlands in 1937. A man stands ready to catch a woman coming down in a swallow dive.
13. Big tree, big saw, 1890
14. Tears are allowed. Korean War, 1950
15. Hungry child from a refugee family gets a piece of bread from a soldier in Holland, 1918
16. Jammie Reynolds balances on chairs on the edge of a rooftop, 1921
Which photo was the most impressive for you? Do you have vintage pictures of your family? Please share your photos and stories with us below!
Preview photo credit Claude Dettloff / Wikimedia Commons