17 Stunt Doubles That Are Always in the Shadow of Celebrities
There aren’t many movies that don’t include any dangerous scenes. Of course, viewers understand that not every celebrity is brave enough to ride a bike at a fast speed, jump through fire, or fight a zombie. So obviously, this becomes the job of the stunt double. But how many of them do we actually know? After all, they risk their lives in order for us to enjoy the amazing movies we see on the screen.
The iBuzz team wants to restore justice. Here are the faces and the names of the people who appear in the riskiest scenes, replacing our favorite movie stars.
1. The stunt double for Chandler Riggs in The Walking Dead was Emily Brobst who was 31 years old. At the time, Chandler Riggs was only 14 years old.
2. 3 charming stunt doubles and Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things on the set of Godzilla: King of the Monsters
3. German actress Palina Rojinski with her stunt double on the set of Traumfrauen
4. Gal Gadot and her charming stunt double Christiaan Bettridge, on the set of Wonder Woman
5. Jennifer Lopez and her stunt double Vanessa Vander Pluym on the set of Shades of Blue
6. Reese Witherspoon on the set of Hot Pursuit and stunt double Marny Eng, who has appeared in more than 150 movies
7. Brad Pitt and his stunt double Zack Duhame on the set of Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood
8. Stunt doubles for Harrison Ford and Shia LaBeouf on the set of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull — Pat Banta and Colin Follenweider
9. Actress and stunt double Anisha Gibbs is one of the constant doubles for Halle Berry
10. Chad Stahelski was Keanu Reeves’ stunt double in The Matrix franchise. In 2014, they met again on the set of John Wick, but this time Stahelski was the director.
11. Hugo Wallace Weaving on the set of Cloud Atlas with his stunt double Marco Albrecht
12. Heidi Moneymaker performed stunts for Scarlett Johansson in the superhero films where Scarlett portrayed Black Widow.
13. Finn Jones, accompanied by his stunt double David Armstrong, on the set of Iron Fist
14. Even though Daniel Craig loves doing his stunts himself, sometimes he also needs help. In Spectre, he was replaced by Gordon Alexander for the most dangerous scenes.
15. Craig’s partner Léa Seydoux also had a stunt double — actress Gemita Samarra.
16. Australian actress Abbie Cornish (left) and stunt double Shawnna Thibodeau on the set of Limitless
17. Catherine Bell was the double for Isabella Rossellini in Death Becomes Her.
When you watch a film, do you even think about who is in a certain scene: the actor or the stunt double? Maybe you have a favorite stunt double? Tell us about them in the comment section below.
Preview photo credit milliebobbybrown / instagram