19 Photos That Make Us Scream, “People, You’re Awesome!”
We all can remember times when our neighbors were too loud, retail assistants were too rude, and colleagues were too nasty. Sometimes it just seems like the world is a really unpleasant place and everyone is out to get each other. But then there are times when we see people help one another and do selfless things, and we understand that life is actually amazing!
iBuzz was so touched by these photos (and it’s not all that easy to make our hearts melt) that we wanted to share them with you so you could feel the same emotions!
19. People took off their shoes to watch a parade while standing on a bench.
18. A man who wanted to jump off a bridge was stopped by strangers who held him until help arrived to get him down safely.
17. A homeless man had lost his rat, Lucy. Civilians and police tried to find her and finally succeeded.
16. A veterinarian bought crystals with her own money to decorate the paw prints they’d make for euthanized pets.
15. This guy promised to donate 9 gallons of blood, the exact amount his grandpa needed after he got into a car accident. After each gallon, he fills in a heart.
14. She donated 30 inches of her hair to make wigs for children with cancer.
13. When Oscar was diagnosed with leukemia, 5,000 people spent several hours in the rain to donate their blood and check if their stem cells were suitable for transplantation. A donor was found and the boy was rescued!
11. “I found a kitten and brought it home. I was afraid that my parents would get mad at me but today I caught my father showing the family photos to the kitten.”
10. “I stopped smoking 5 weeks ago and needed something to do with my hands, so I built this tree house for my little daughter. She loves it!”
9. This 98-year-old war veteran isn’t able to come outside, so every year during a parade, the military orchestra comes to his balcony and greets him.
8. A student decorated her graduation cap with a giant QR code that directs people to a list of students killed in school shootings.
7. In this Australian cafe, you can exchange a bucket of beach plastic for a cup of coffee.
6. In Ukraine, there’s a “clothes bank” where anyone can take clothes, shoes, and other items for free.
5. “In my city, there’s a tradition for tram drivers to put Winnie the Pooh inside the tram when their new colleagues take their driving exams.”
4. “My sister is in Egypt and had no friends to see the pyramids with so she took her Uber driver with her instead.”
3. A fast-acting bus driver saved a student.
2. “My friend picked up several bags of trash every day during his trip from Indiana to South America. He’s currently halfway through Central America and still cleaning up the world along the way.”
1. “My mom protecting a nest full of baby cardinals during a downpour”
Bonus: Hans Island is an island both Denmark and Canada fight for. It’s the cutest war ever.
The war has been going on since 1984. Once every few months, either a Canadian or Danish troop comes there and plants the flag of its country. Then the soldiers celebrate the occupation, drink the alcohol left by their opponents and leave their own in its place. Canadians leave whiskey and Danes leave Schnapps.
Which story did you find the most touching?
Preview photo credit Casey_White / Reddit