Being an ugly duckling when you’re young doesn’t define who you will become as an adult. There are people who know giving up is not an option and the process is very rewarding. They either lost weight, overcame depression, improved their beauty routine and social skills, or became their better selves.
iBuzz is amazed and inspired by these stories and found 25 people who decided not to ever give up on themselves.
1. “Middle school was a rough time. Luckily the lack of attention from boys helped me focus on school!”
2. “I spent years putting off losing weight but I’m so glad I finally stopped making excuses.”
3. “Lost weight. Got a haircut. Learned to dress. Learned to talk to people. Realized hating myself was no way to live.”
4. “Green is still my favorite color, and getting older isn’t so bad!”
5. “Grew up fat and decided to finally do something about it 3 years ago.”
6. “Took about a year — I’m now trying to put on muscle.”
7. “Proper diet, walking, and cycling has shown results.”
8. 4 years of development
9. “It took 4.5 years on and off to see changes but they were achieved.”
10. “Even my family doesn’t recognize me these days. It’s nice.”
11. “Face comparison of 3 years in my transformation. Who knew I had dimples!”
12. “My face was always red, I was angry at my dad, and was ready to die for punk rock. Now my skin is healthier and I love my dad.”
13. This guy was bullied a lot while growing up. But it just made him stronger.
14. “I started because I thought I loved a girl but found out I loved myself instead.”
15. “I came across this old video of me. I never realized I was as big as I was.”
16. “13 vs 24, I looked like a brown Peter Griffin.”
17. “This is me in April 2017 and Sep 2018. The feeling of not being skinny fat anymore is incredible to me.”
18. “Lost 110 lb in 18 months after a rugby injury, started rowing for my university, and got my MSc in mathematics.”
19. “My transformation of 4 years from skinny fat to fit”
20. “Years ago, I was depressed and had a problem with binge eating. Now I’m happier and healthier.”
21. “2015 — 2019 — I basically cleaned myself up and started over!”
22. “I’d like to think the past 9 years have been kind to me.”
23. An 11-year transformation — left: age 13, right: age 34
24. The difference of 4 years and 6 years sober
Are you also a fighter who went through amazing changes? Show us your process!