20 Rare Historical Photos That Show an Unusual Side of the Past
If you’ve ever wanted to jump into a time machine and see how people in the previous centuries played poker or tended to penguins in the zoo, this collection is just what you need. Most of these photos will probably never be shown in history books, so let’s take a sneak peek at the unusual side of our ancestors’ lives together.
iBuzz chose 20 historical photos that will make you look at the past from a completely different angle.
20. Sexy legs contest, 1930s
19. A nose shaping device for women, 1944
18. Boys in a record shop, 1957
17. Women having their legs painted instead of buying stockings, 1941
16. A zoo keeper giving penguins a shower, 1930
15. Construction workers on the Forth Road Bridge, 1961
14. A machine that can shave a dozen men at the same time, 1960
13. The most common way of lacing a corset with a foot, 1910s
12. A walking library, 1930
11. Drive-through shoe repair, 1938
10. Poker face mask, 1932
9. Cleaning and brushing suede shoes in tea kettle steam, 1950-1960
8. A cigarette machine that delivers pre-lit cigarettes, 1931
7. A buyer looking at a new bra and panty set being modeled for him, circa 1955
6. A Dutch boy learning how to skate, 1933
5. Rabbits race on Venice Beach, California, 1935
4. A dentist examining a school girl in the classroom, 1935
3. A height-stretching device, 1931
2. Women boxing on a roof, 1930s
1. A bicycle that can ride on both land and water, 1932
Did the photos above make you want to travel to the past and see all these things with your own eyes? Where and when would you like to go?